Job Opportunity: After School Staff Teacher (Part-Time) at Latin American School
Job Purpose: The Latin American School is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic After School Staff Teacher to join our team. As an After School Staff Teacher, you will be responsible for executing the Before and After Care Private Program policies and procedures established by Latin American School. Your primary role will be to collaborate with other staff members program, plan daily activities with the Area Coordinator, and provide a safe and nurturing environment for our students.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with other staff to ensure the smooth operation of the program.
- Work closely with the staff Coordinator to plan and organize daily activities that align with the program’s goals.
- Provide written lesson plans for all activities to ensure consistency and effective implementation.
- Actively participate in continued professional education to stay updated with the latest teaching methodologies and best practices.
- Prepare, implement, and clean up daily activities and projects that engage and stimulate children’s learning.
- Provide school-age homework assistance to support their academic progress.
- Monitor students’ progress and needs, providing necessary guidance and support.
- Maintain the appearance of the facility, both indoor and outdoor, used during the program.
- Attend staff meetings to collaborate and exchange ideas with colleagues.
- Enforce all general safety rules and guidelines to ensure the well-being of the children.
- Comply with the school-wide professional dress code and standards.
- Guide children’s behavior in a positive manner, promoting a respectful and inclusive environment.
- Be available to work on early release days, teacher work days, and Intersession childcare days (Spring & Fall) as required.
- Maintain the confidentiality of student information in accordance with school policies.
- Actively seek opportunities to upgrade your own professional knowledge and skills.
- Take notes of observations in your class notebook and write daily observations of at least 1 or 2 students.
- Minimum of one year of experience working with K and/or school-age children.
- Good children supervisory skills to ensure their safety and well-being.
- Consistently interact using respectful language and tone with both children and adults.
- Maintain a positive demeanor at all times, including when redirecting or addressing disciplinary matters.
- Excellent references from prior employers, demonstrating your professionalism and dedication.
- Demonstrated knowledge of workshop activities and curriculum to effectively plan and implement engaging lessons.
- High School Degree, NC Credential Courses, or equivalent qualification.
- Adults aged 21 years or older.
- Preferred specialized skills/experience: Spanish and English fluency, both written and spoken, to effectively communicate with bilingual students and families.
If you are passionate about working with children, creating a nurturing environment, and contributing to their educational and personal development, we invite you to apply for the position of After School Staff Teacher at Latin American School. Join our dedicated team and make a positive impact on the lives of our students.
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter, and any relevant certifications to email@example.com
We appreciate all applications, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.